Chicken Enchiladas w caramelized onionsFrom northernbird 7 years ago
- Two or three chicken breasts ~w/bone in shopping list
- 12-20 soft corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 lg sweet onion,~in slices shopping list
- 1 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 jar enchilada sauce ~ 24 oz shopping list
- 1 jar salsa ~ 24 oz shopping list
- 1 can Black or Adzuki beans, drained shopping list
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- Optionals: shopping list
- olives shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Prep the day before: In pressure cooker cook chicken 20 min.
- Cool, debone and shred with two forks. Put in fridge.
- Saute onions on low heat w/ a T. of oil (sunflower, canola) for 15 min.
- Add sugar & cook another 5 min.
- Roll up each tortilla by first adding:
- Spoonful of beans, sauces, cheese if desired.
- Addtition here of either black or green olives will change the flavor from Mexican to Spanish.
- Fit closely in pan, pour sauces over, add cheese.
- Bake for 40 min. at 325.
- Serve with sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, cool fruits.
- This keeps well and can be frozen after cooking.
The Cooknorthernbird Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!