Pumpkin Angel Food CakeFrom bobbijo 8 years ago
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1 pkg. (16-oz.) angel food cake mix shopping list
- 14 Tbsp. whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in remaining batter.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest rack at 350 degrees for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan.
- Remove cake to a serving plate.
- Garnish each slice of cake with 1 Tbsp. whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
The Cookbobbijo Wayland, IA
The Rating3 people
Oh my hubby's gonna love this one! His favorite cake is angel food, his favorite pie is pumpkin...yep, I'm gettin' big smoochies if I make this! Thanks for sharing! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Absolutely fantastic! I love the spices in pumpkin pie so I know this will be great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wow, and I thought the only kinds of angel food cake were plain, chocolate, lemon and lime. This is wonderfully different! Thanks!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!