Mushroom RatatouilleFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 lb butter ( save a bit to fry bread for croutons) shopping list
- bunch of parsley ( save a bit to garnish finished dish ) shopping list
- 2 fresh garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 lemons, shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 oz Pernod liquer shopping list
- 12 oz button mushrooms shopping list
- 6 oz fresh morells shopping list
- 6 oz french cepes mushrooms shopping list
- 6 oz fresh chanterelles mushrooms shopping list
- 6 oz balck Chines mushrooms shopping list
- 10 oz heavy cream shopping list
- 10 oz demi glace ( this is available in jars at gormet food stores ) shopping list
- I often use beef or chicken stock instead ! ) shopping list
- 16 slices white bread ( cubed for crotons ) shopping list
How to make it
- Soten butter than hand stir with fine chopped parsley, crushed garlic and lemon juice, Pernod and salt and pepper.
- Clean mushrooms, quarter and remove stems( use stems for another use )
- Saute all the mushrooms in most of the garlic butter until 3/4 soft.
- Add demi glace and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil and let cook to reduce somewhat till a bit thickened
- Add a splash of fresh lemon juice.
- In another pan, saute bread in some butter for croutons.
- Garnish mushroom dish with the pan fried croutons and some more fresh parsley
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
wow love mushrooms love this recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
this sounds wonderful, would buy the avaialble kinds!herby in Albany loved it
great mushroom recipe..!! will make this soon..a five in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!