Salad LyonnaiseFrom laika 5 years ago
- 1 head frisee, washed and dried shopping list
- 4-5 strips of good bacon, ideally thick cut shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 5 inch chunk baguette or other crusty bread, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 tbs. olive oil or butter shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 2 tbs. sherry or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbs. finely chopped shallots shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbs. walnut or hazelnut oil shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. When it's cool enough to handle, chop or crumble into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place olive oil or butter in a small skillet and add the garlic. Heat over a medium flame. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the bread cubes and toss to coat. Toast until crispy and brown and set aside.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Toss with the frisee and divide between two plates.
- Poach the eggs in gently simmering water for about 4 minutes and then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Top each serving of frisee with crumbled bacon, croutons, and poached egg. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt, grind over a generous amount of black pepper, and serve.