Guatemalan Salsa ChirmolFrom alexito 7 years ago
- 3 x scallions shopping list
- 12 med -size vine-ripened tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 2 x cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1 x lime, juice only shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 x jalapeno, seeded and minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Grill scallions and chop.
- Grill tomatoes whole until soft; grill corn. (You may do the grilling by any method; it may be done ahead of time unless you wish to serve the salsa hot.)
- Combine tomatoes, scallions and garlic in a bowl and "smash," i.e. break up, tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, grilled corn kernels, cilantro, jalapeno and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold over steak, chicken, fish, etc.