Tuna Bake With Cheese SwirlsFrom myszreesey 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- DOUGH: shopping list
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter. Blend in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, tuna, lemon juice and salt. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- For dough, combine biscuit mix and milk until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with cheese, pimientos and parsley. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1-in. slices; place over tuna mixture. Beat egg and water; brush over the swirls. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!