Blackberry Mountain PieFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 1 stick butter in baking dish (e.g., 2 or 3 quart pyrex baking dish) - place dish with butter in oven while the oven is preheating to melt the butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt with a spoon.
- Add sugar/flour mixture to melted butter, stir to mix well.
- Add fruit, stir to mix well.
- Bake for 45-60 min at 350 degrees (check after 45 min, bake until top begins to brown and the mixture has set).
- Serve at room temperature (or slightly warm) with freshly made whipped cream (slightly sweetened with sugar).
- Alternatively, serve covered with milk in a bowl (this is the preferred way to serve cold leftovers the next day)
- Note: The original recipe actually calls for canned peaches (2 pounds, drained thoroughly). Alternatively, tart cherries or blueberries can also be used.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!