Stuffed Cabbage RollsFrom mamalou 6 years ago
- 8 medium cabbage leaves shopping list
- 3/4-1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 14 oz can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained shopping list
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- dash ground cloves shopping list
- dash ground allspice shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a kettle or pot with water, bring to boiling. Cut out large center vein in each cabbage leaf keeping each leaf in one piece. Immerse leaves four at at time in the boiling water; cook about 5 minutes or until leaves are limp. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat. In a medium bowl, combine beef mixture, egg, rice, parsley, and salt.
- Place about 1/3 cup of beef mixture in the center of each leaf. Fold in sides. Starting at an unfolded edge, carefully roll each leaf, making sure folded sides are tucked into the roll. Place cabbage rolls on sauerkraut in casserole as each one is filled. Stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, cloves, and all spice. Pour tomato sauce mixture over all. Bake covered at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- per serving: 315 cal, 13 gr fat, 31 gr carbs, 5 gr fiber
- Dietary exchange: 1 starch, 3 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Number Of Servings:4