Sweet Potato Apple and Pork PacketsFrom bobbijo 7 years ago
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 pork boneless smoked chops shopping list
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- Dash of ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 med. green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Cut four 18x12-in. pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Place one-fourth of the sweet potato slices on one side of each foil piece.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over sweet potato.
- Top with smoked pork chop and apples.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fold foil over pork mixture so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight 1/2-in. fold; fold again.
- Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4-5-in. from medium heat 20-22 minutes or until sweet potatoes and apples are tender.
- Place packets on plates.
- Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil.
- Sprinkle with onions.