Cabbage and Meat Filled PastriesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 recipe bread dough ( or use frozen bread dough ) shopping list
- filling: shopping list
- 1 large head cabbage chopped shopping list
- 3 lbs ground beef ( hamburger ) shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- egg wash ( beat egg with a little water ) shopping list
How to make it
- Use any bread dough recipe or frozen bread dough; let dough raise.
- In the meantime, put the following in a large kettle: cabbage. hamburger,onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until cabbage is tender and meat and onions cooked and tender..
- Drain mixture very well.
- Season to taste again if needed
- After punching down dough and kneading dough, roll out into about 8"circles.
- Fill dough one at a time with some kraut mixture.
- Pinch / seal edges together to form a half circle.
- Put into a lightly greased baking pan.
- Brush beaten egg over each, and let raise again, about 1/2 hour.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Done when golden brown.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
my neighbor makes something like this and i have tried this, and know it's good!herby in Albany loved it