Pain Au Chocolate Bread Pudding with Cranberries and Chocolate SauceFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- Ingredients6 cups lightly packed bite-size pieces croissant (from about eight 5 1/2-inch croissants) shopping list
- 6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter PreparationIn a large baking pan dry bread, uncovered, at room temperature 12 hours. (Alternatively, dry bread in a 250°F oven 1 hour.) shopping list
- butter a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. shopping list
How to make it
- Chop chocolate. In a food processor finely chop cranberries. Arrange half of bread in one layer in baking dish and sprinkle evenly with half of chocolate and all of cranberries. Top mixture with remaining bread.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, 1/2 cup cream, vanilla, and salt and pour slowly and evenly over bread. Cut butter into bits and dot pudding with it. Chill pudding, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pudding in middle of oven until slightly puffed and golden, about 40 minutes.
- In a small metal bowl set over a small saucepan of barely simmering water melt remaining chocolate and whisk in remaining 1/4 cup cream and a pinch salt until combined well. Keep sauce warm, covered.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with sauce.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
Oh wow, these sound decadent. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love pain au chocolat! I never had it with cranberry sauce, though. Wonderful recipe. Saved and 5, of course.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!