Chicken SatayFrom cholena 6 years ago
- 500 gm boneless breast and thigh chicken meat , cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- marinade : shopping list
- 2 tsp corriander pwd shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 2 med onions shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 slices galangal shopping list
- 2 slices ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tumeric pwd ( its a must to get the yellow colour ) shopping list
- 1 stalk lemongrass shopping list
- 4 tsp tamarind juice shopping list
- Garnish : shopping list
- 1 onion , quartered shopping list
- 1 cucumber , cut into chunks shopping list
- Sauce : shopping list
- Grind the following : shopping list
- 7 dried chillies , 1 stalk lemongrass , 3 slices galangal , 1 tsp coriander pwd , 4 candle nuts , 50 ml tamarind juice , 1 tbsp sugar , 1 tsp salt _ fry until fragrant . shopping list
- Stir in 3 tbsp oil , 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter or peanut crushed and 1/4 C coconut milk and turn off the flame . shopping list
How to make it
- Thread the chicken pieces on satay sticks or bamboo skewers and grill or barbecue over a wood or charcoal fire , turning and fanning it often .
- It may take 10 mins .
- Do not over cook it , the chicken may become chewy .
- Brush it with honey .
- Serve with the peanut sauce dip , lontong rice ( rice cakes ) , cucumber chunks and onions .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating10 people
cant wait to try it! it looks so tasty!sakeenah in Adelaide loved it
I have always loved chicken sayay...this sounds fantastic and authentic, just a few questions...what is tamarind juice and galangal and where can I find them..I would love to try this recipe.debwin in Toronto loved it
great post.....love it.........angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!