Red Onion and Blue Cheese SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 large red onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 2/3 cup sherry shopping list
- 6 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large heavy pot.
- Add onions and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic, flour, oregano and dill weed and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Mixture will have a pasty consistency.
- Add sherry and continue cooking and stirring for another minute.
- Add broth and cream and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and whisk in cheese cooking and whisking until cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!