Chicken and Corn PuddingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 celery rib chopped shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups milk scalded shopping list
- 3 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups corn kernels preferably fresh shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken, bay leaf, celery, onion, parsley and stock in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered, for 10 minutes to poach the chicken.
- Remove from heat then transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut it into bite size pieces.
- Drain and discard broth and discard bay leaf.
- Lightly butter a 1 quart baking dish.
- Place cooked chicken, vegetables and parsley in the dish.
- Beat together milk and eggs in a bowl then stir in corn, tarragon, cayenne, salt and white pepper.
- Pour over chicken and stir once or twice to distribute evenly.
- Melt butter in a small skillet and stir in breadcrumbs.
- Spoon buttered breadcrumbs over pudding then bake 25 minutes and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!