Baked Stuffed Scrod FilletsFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. filets ( 4-6 oz. ) filets, rinse, clean well for bones and drain. shopping list
- 1-2 sticks of butter shopping list
- Some good olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed and equal amount of seasoned Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- Small diced onion shopping list
- 1 stalk diced celery / leafs diced shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 Lb. of fresh plump crab meat (imitation will do) shopping list
- Small handful of chopped Italian ( flat leaf ) parsley shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Some lemon juice shopping list
- A good splash of clam juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325&de;. Preheat a saut° pan to Med. / high and add some oil. When hot, add the chopped veggies, crab, S&P to taste and saut° until al dente. Add 1/2 the butter, some garlic and parsley, lower heat after the butter melts and mix in the bread crumb mixture. You want the mixture somewhat moisten but not mush. Taste and correct seasonings as required, however, you probably did such a fine job it won't need a thing.
- In a baking dish or individual oven proof dishes add some butter in the center and arrange filet in single layers accordingly. Drizzle with lemon juice and clam juice, add a dab of butter then top with stuffing as required. Place on a high shelf to lightly brown the stuffing and at the same time cook the fish. 15 -20 minutes. As you test for doneness and browning adjust height accordingly. You want the topping to be slightly browed and the meat is starting to flake and to pull apart with a fork. Keep an eye on this because you don't want to over cook it because it will get too dry and all ovens don't have the same heat.