Green Mealie Bread Steamed Corn BreadFrom ristows 5 years ago
How to make it
- After cutting kernels off cob, rub cob with back of knife to remove remaining portions of kernels
- Mince green mealies.
- Mix together all ingredients
- Moisten a cotton cloth and sprinkle with a light coat of flour and place in a colander
- Pour mixture into cloth and bind tightly, but allow space for bread to rise
- If using yeast, use buttered tins and allow mixture to stand till bubbling and started rising. Cover tightly
- Steam for 2 - 2,5 hours
- Serve hot from the pan with butter - and a dusting of pepper.