Elaines ShishkebabsFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- Have 6 to eight large metal skewers ready… and the BBQ lit. A low flame is all that’s needed to cook these. If you’re using charcoal, have it burned down to fine glow to prevent a lot of flaming. shopping list
- 1 to ½ lbs steak, 1” thickness, cut into large cubes shopping list
- 1 to ½ lbs butterfly-cut pork chops, 1” thickness, cut into large cubes shopping list
- 1 to ½ lbs chicken breast , boneless, cut into large cubes shopping list
- 2-3 large onions quartered shopping list
- 2 green sweet peppers, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 red sweet peppers, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 yellow sweet pepper, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced about ½ inch thickness. shopping list
- 2 -3 medium-sized carrots, sliced into medium-sized, skewerable chunks. shopping list
How to make it
- Slip the pieces onto the skewers in whatever fashion you prefer, although I make sure no potato pieces are on the outside ends -- the reason being that they’ll dry out rather than cook . If the potato pieces are placed between the other layers, they cook just beautifully, and retain the moistness.
- BBQ, turning frequently, until done to your taste.
- Take a fork, and on the end of the skewer closest to you, push the food off the skewer onto the plate.
- Add salt, pepper or whatever spices you like, and enjoy!
- For those who prefer unsalted foods, McCormick's has a great substitute called "No Added Salt Citrus and Pepper Seasoning". It's terrific. I use it all the time in place of salt, and as a result, never miss using salt!
- Another hint:
- You might want to do these in the convection oven in the winter too--- using the broiler, they turn out great this way!
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating23 people
Candy and I remember how good these were when we were up this spring, Elaine, so it's been given a rating of five! See you this weekend
Pete and Candydagnabbit in Barrie loved it
Chef, my fiance is coming here tomorrow I hope to make this. Please wish me luck.bizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!