Pink Wine Summer Fruit JellyFrom chiki_minki 7 years ago
- 8 gelatine leaves shopping list
- 1 bottle of rose wine shopping list
- 500g caster (fine) sugar shopping list
- 1 punnet of small strawberries or cut up larger strawberries shopping list
- 1 punnet of raspberries shopping list
- 1 punnet of blackberries shopping list
- 1 punnet of blueberries shopping list
- Coulis shopping list
- 1 kilo of frozen raspberries shopping list
- 300g icing (super fine) sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Pour the rose wine and caster sugar into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Whisk in the gelatine leaves and pour into a large bowl. Leave to cool but not set.
- Take four ¼ pint dariole moulds for individual servings or a loaf tin linrd with cling film. Fill each mould with ½ cm of the cooled mixture. Add 1 layer of the raspberries. Add another ½ centimetre of cooled jelly mixture. Add a layer of blueberries. Repeat this for each fruit until the moulds are full. Leave in the fridge for a 2-3 hours until set.
- To make the coulis, place the frozen raspberries into a bowl along with the icing sugar. Leave in a warm place to allow the fruit to dissolve into the sugar. Puree the mixture, pass through a fine sieve and leave to chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once set, take the jellies out of the fridge and place in a bowl of hot water for a few moments to loosen the mould. Turn out onto a serving plate and drizzle the raspberry coulis to cover the bottom of the plate.
- Decorate with berries and mint sprigs.