La Casa Pacifica Braised SteaksFrom tilgidh 6 years ago
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 to 4 tbsp corn oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp tyme shopping list
- 6 beef round steaks (8oz each) shopping list
- seasoned salt to tase shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 cup vegitable cocktail juice ( V8) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mixed julian strips of carrots, leeks and celery. shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saut'e onion in 1 tbsp of the oil until golden. Removce from heat and add tyme. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with seasoned salt and flour.
- Heat remaining oil in an iron skillet and brown steaks on both sides.
- Transfer to pan with onions.
- Pour vegitable juice and broth over steaks.
- Cover and simmer very slowly 1 hour in the oven or on top of stove.
- Turn steaks, sprinkle with the vegitable julian and continue to cook for 30 minutes longer.
- To serve, arrange steaks on a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce and vegitables over steaks and sprinkle with parsley.
The Cooktilgidh Blackshear, GA
The Rating4 people
N I C E L Y done. This would work very, very well in Mexico, where beef is often tough! The combination is really nice. A 5, of course. Buono Felcità (good luck)elgourmand in Apia loved it
Wow...:)shuga in United States loved it
I've had something very similar to this and it was wonderful! My grandfather's second wife used to make it...too bad I didn't like her near as much as I liked this dish! Ha! Great post! Cheers! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!