La Casa Pacifica Braised SteaksFrom tilgidh 6 years ago
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 to 4 tbsp corn oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp tyme shopping list
- 6 beef round steaks (8oz each) shopping list
- seasoned salt to tase shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 cup vegitable cocktail juice ( V8) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mixed julian strips of carrots, leeks and celery. shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saut'e onion in 1 tbsp of the oil until golden. Removce from heat and add tyme. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with seasoned salt and flour.
- Heat remaining oil in an iron skillet and brown steaks on both sides.
- Transfer to pan with onions.
- Pour vegitable juice and broth over steaks.
- Cover and simmer very slowly 1 hour in the oven or on top of stove.
- Turn steaks, sprinkle with the vegitable julian and continue to cook for 30 minutes longer.
- To serve, arrange steaks on a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce and vegitables over steaks and sprinkle with parsley.
The Cooktilgidh Blackshear, GA
The Rating4 people
I've had something very similar to this and it was wonderful! My grandfather's second wife used to make it...too bad I didn't like her near as much as I liked this dish! Ha! Great post! Cheers! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Wow...:)shuga in United States loved it
N I C E L Y done. This would work very, very well in Mexico, where beef is often tough! The combination is really nice. A 5, of course. Buono Felcità (good luck)elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!