Lime and Chili SorbetFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cut limes in half and carefully squeeze juice from limes and place with the chili, sugar and water in a sauce pan. Make sure the lime rinds are not damaged after squeezing.
- SImmer gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Snip the membranes from the lime rinds. Discard membranes.
- Freeze the lime rinds.
- Cool the syrup.well, then churn in an icecream freezer until almost frozen, or, if you don't have an icecream freezer, freeze syrup for 3 hours, stirring every hour until mixture is firm.
- When frozen, scoop the sorbet into the frozen lime shells so the shell looks like the bottom part of an icecream cone and the top looks like a rounded scoop of sorbet. (The bottom half will be the lime rind which is filled with a rounded scoop of sorbet.)
- Freeze again.
- Serve decorated with a few chilis on the plate.