German Style Ham SandwichFrom food_devil 6 years ago
- 1 lb. Black Forest or Bavarian Style (or just baked) ham shopping list
- Emmenthaler swiss or other cheese shopping list
- 5 T apple butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 T coarse ground german mustard shopping list
- Sliced cucumber shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1 loaf bread- Rye or pumpernickel is a good choice but any kind will work. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix mustard and apple butter.
- Slice bread lengthwise if using a whole loaf.
- Spread bread with mustard mixture.
- Layer lettuce, ham, cheese and cucumber slices on the bread and top with second slice of bread.
- Slice if necessary, wrap and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Great with soup or chips & a pickle and a nice dark beer or glass of Gewurtztraminer.