Chocolate Heavenly HashFrom butch_sck 7 years ago
- 1 12 Ounce package chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 1/2 cupswhipping cream (divided) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or any other nuts you prefer) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 10 ounce angel food cake shopping list
- chocolate curls (optional garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until they are melted
- Whisk egg yolks with 1/2 cup cream in a medium bowl until blended. Add the egg yolk mixture gradually to the chocolate, whisking continually, until blended. Let stand until cooled.
- Pour remaining cream into a large bowl. Beat at high speed, gradually adding the granulated sugar until soft peaks form.
- Stir in nuts & vanilla extract into chocolate mixture. Fold into cream.
- Tear cake into bite sized pieces. Layer half the cake and half the chocolate mixture into a tall glass bowl. Top with remaining cake & spread with remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and chill for about 2-3 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
- *Note #1 - On step 4, Cheryl usually likes me to add in a cup of mini marshmallows, cut in half.
- *Note #2 - Rather then Chocolate curls, kids love it when you add rainbow cake sprinkles to the top.