Pesto-Crusted Salmon with Wilted SpinachFrom conner909 5 years ago
- 3 lbs. young spinach, large stems removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 strips lean bacon, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 small garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 6 (7-oz.) skinless salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- lemon wedges, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add half of the spinach, cover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring until wilted, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and squeeze to extract the excess liquid.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, bread crumbs, bacon, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and garlic and finely chop.
- With the machine on, add the extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a rounded tablespoon of the pesto evenly on the skinned side of each salmon fillet.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add 3 of the salmon fillets, pesto side down, and cook over moderately high heat without turning until the pesto is browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Carefully invert the fillets into a large baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 salmon fillets
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the shallot and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Set each salmon fillet in the center of a warmed platre, pesto side up. Arrange the spinach around the fish and serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating3 people
Thank-you for sharing such a wonderful combination of flavors for a delightful Salmon "5"FORK!!!!!
Recipe...! I am sure All who eat it will agree with me that it is a Winner!
~ * ~ mjcmcook ~ * ~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
yummers! i love salmon and cant wait to try this... :)grumblebee in Calgary loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!