Swordfish With Tamarind Habanera Chili SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 thick swordfish steaks shopping list
- 14 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1 habanera chili seeded shopping list
- 2 ounces tamarind paste shopping list
- 2 bunches watercress shopping list
- 6 ounces canola oil shopping list
- 1 pound fava beans shopping list
- Pink peppercorns shopping list
- 2 ounces tequila shopping list
- 2 blood oranges shopping list
How to make it
- Combine orange juice, habanera chili and tamarind paste in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer very slowly for 45 minutes then strain through a fine strainer.
- Dip watercress in rapidly boiling water for 3 seconds then cool in ice bath for 15 seconds.
- Pat watercress dry with paper towel then blend on high speed with oil.
- Place watercress paste in an elevated coffee filter and let drip for one hour.
- Heat tequila in microwave 45 seconds then place peppercorns in hot tequila and soak two hours.
- Boil fava beans in salted rapidly boiling water until skins break and beans becomes tender.
- Grill fish on each side three minutes and baste with tamarind sauce the last minute of cooking.
- Baste with sauce during cooking then use remaining sauce to decorate serving plate.
- Cut oranges into slices and use for garnish.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
I think I'll like this too although I'm not a fish person. But I think the sauce is spectacular and it should elevate my non-fish tastebuds!mrgresch in Milwaukee loved it
I love the sound of this, Cat. I think I will try it with halibut or tilapia though. I bet it's good with any firm white fish or even tuna steaks, huh? Good one!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!