Indian Saffron Rice with LimeFrom docjoe 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups converted rice (uncooked) shopping list
- 1 tsp. jalapeno pepper, minced (add more if you like it very spicy) shopping list
- 1 large lime, juice shopping list
- zest of above lime (zest it before you squeeze it) shopping list
- 1 large can (46 oz.) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. saffron threads shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat butter.
- Add rice and stir until lightly browned.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally or 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve...You can garnish it with lime slices and/or grated coconut.