Texas CaviarFrom lenora 6 years ago
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) black eye peas, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark purple bell pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 tblsp. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tbls. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tblsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 branches fresh thyme, crumbled shopping list
- 1 head boston lettuce, separated into leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the drained peas into a medium bowl and add peppers, garlic, and onion.
- In another bowl combine vinegars, oil, and thyme to create a marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the black eyed peas mixture; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night for the flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve place the leaves on individual plates and spoon the Texas Caviar into the leaves.