Chocolate Coated Ice Cream Bon BonsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
How to make it
- line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil..place in the freeze 10 minutes
- scoop 6 ( 1/3 cup ) ice cream balls..place on the cookie sheet
- freeze until very firm ( 2 - 3 hours )
- in 1 quart saucepan melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat
- stir occasionally until smooth about 4 -5 minutes
- stir in milk.... cool to room temperature
- Work Quickly...... with one ice cream ball at a time
- lift the frozen ice cream ball from the cookie sheet with a large spoon
- hold over the chocolate and with another spoon ...spoon the chocolate over ice cream ball until evenly coated on all sides
- carefully slide the ice cream ball from the spoon onto the cookie sheet
- return to the freeze until ready to serve... at least an hour.
- if ice cream becomes too soft while working with the chocolate return to the freezer..
- there will be some chocolate that will 'puddle' at the base of the ball
- to serve: ... on individual dessert plates place 1 ice cream bon bon
- circle the base with whipped cream.... add a sprig of mint or a strawberry
- these can be made up to 7 days in advance...
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
wow, I think this is a super crowd pleaser, and for kids maybe adding some sugar colored cristals,mmm...magali777 in Mexico loved it
Kids could go Ga-ga over this one! Great recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This is so interresting Peeta.Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!