Autumn Pot RoastFrom rae760 8 years ago
- 1 pot roast, lean, boneless, about 2 to 3 pounds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or beef base shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- dash ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour combined with 2 tablespoons cold water, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Trim roast. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown roast on all sides.
- Place sliced onion in crockpot; top with sweet potatoes. Place meat on vegetables
- In a cup, combine the 1/2 cup water, beef bouillon granules, celery seed, cinnamon, and pepper. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is tender (or cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours). Remove beef and vegetables to a serving dish and keep warm. Skim fat from juices and serve with the beef and vegetables.
- If desired, pour 2 cups of the cooking liquid into a 2-cup measure. Add enough water or broth to make 2 cups. Put the 2 cups of juices into a saucepan and stir in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cook on medium-low until thickened and bubbly. Serve with roast and vegetables.