Scotch Oatmeal CookiesFrom elle55 6 years ago
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups quick-cook oatmeal shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- chocolate chips shopping list
- nuts (walnuts or pecans) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets OR prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In small saucepan, combine raisins and water. Bring to boil over medium heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain, reserving raisin juice.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine 5 T raisin juice with baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Sift or mix flour and salt together; add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly. Add juice/soda mixture and blend. Stir in oatmeal and raisins; mix thoroughly.
- Add optional items after adding oatmeal and raisins. If the raisins are hot, be certain they have cooled before adding chocolate chips to be certain the chocolate chips don't melt.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until thecookies are lightly browned. Remove to cooling racks. Makes 4 dozen small cookies.