Chinese-Style Shrimp SoupFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring the broth and carrots to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cabbage, green onions and water chestnuts. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- 3. Remix the cornstarch mixture; stir into the broth with the snow peas. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, then serve.