Warm Buttermilk apple PieFrom dutchie326 6 years ago
- • 2 pastry shells, 9-inch shopping list
- • 4 granny smith apples peeled and cored, thinly sliced shopping list
- • 1/2 cup pecans chopped shopping list
- • 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- • 1/4 lb caramels coarse chopped shopping list
- • 2 tb flour shopping list
- • 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- • milk for top shopping list
- • sugar for top shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°. Fit 1 round of rolled pastry into a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, pecans, sugar, caramels, flour and milk.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Top with the remaining rolled pastry.
- Fold the edge of the top pastry under the bottom pastry.
- Pinch together and flute the edge all around with a fork.
- Cut several slits in the top so the steam can escape during baking. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes
- . Pie is best served slightly warm.
- 8 Servings