Rich Pound Cake with Butter GlazeFrom lisad923 8 years ago
- 2 sticks softened margarine shopping list
- 1 stick softened butter shopping list
- 3 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 c. unsifted cake flour shopping list
- 5 large eggs (MUST be room temp) shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 TBSP vanilla shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- butter Glaze: shopping list
- 3+ TBSP milk shopping list
- 2 c. sifted confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream margarine, butter, and suger until light and fluffy, about 5 mins in stand mixer
- Add half of the flour and half or the milk and beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining flour, salt, vanilla, and milk.
- Beat until light and smooth.
- Grease and flour a tube pan
- START IN A COLD OVEN!
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 mins. Let cool in pan for 15 mins.
- Butter Glaze:
- Place sugar in bowl and set aside
- Melt butter and add to sugar
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Whisk well, add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Glaze Cake
The Cooklisad923 Kennett Square, PA
The Rating12 people
Love the butter glaze, will make againmsleslie23 in ATown loved it
wow high5 on this one thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds and looks wonderful, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!