Japanese Beef Stir-FryFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 2 lb. boneless beef sirloin or beef top round steaks (3/4" thick) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell's® condensed beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 7 oz.) shopping list
- 1 head Chinese cabbage (bok choy) , thinly sliced (about 6 cups) shopping list
- 2 medium red peppers , cut into 2"-long strips (about 3 cups) shopping list
- 3 stalks celery , sliced (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 medium green onions , cut into 2" pieces (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice shopping list
How to make it
- SLICE beef into very thin strips.
- MIX cornstarch, broth, soy and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- HEAT 1 tbsp. oil in saucepot or wok over high heat. Add beef in 2 batches and stir-fry until browned. Set beef aside.
- ADD 1 tbsp. oil. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, peppers, celery and green onions in 2 batches and stir-fry over medium heat until tender-crisp. Set vegetables aside.
- STIR cornstarch mixture and add. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Return beef and vegetables to saucepot and heat through. Serve over rice.
- TIP: To make slicing beef easier freeze beef for 1 hr.
- MAKE AHEAD: Prepare vegetables and place in resealable plastic bags. Refrigerate overnight.