Canned salsaFrom beckytank 7 years ago
- 13 cups tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups green pepper shopping list
- 6 large onions shopping list
- 1 cup hot pepper (original recipe calls for jalapeno, but we use about half a cup of cayenne) shopping list
- 1 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs salt shopping list
- 1 tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 15-oz can tomato puree shopping list
How to make it
- Before beginning, core tomatoes and plunge them into boiling water to remove the peel.
- Quarter tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and let come to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes and immediately put into warm jars. The jars should seal themselves as they cool.
- ***This receipe makes about 13 pints of salsa. I used widemouth jars, and actually had just over 12 pints.***
- For those new to canning:
- Warm jars by placing in a shallow saucepan with about an inch of water. Heat on low.
- Warm jar lids by placing in a pot of water and let simmer to soften rubber seal.