Fruity Bread PuddingFrom peacearena 6 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tall can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, (optional, but recommended) shopping list
- dash cinnamon (optional) shopping list
- 12 slices of bread, torn or cut up shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas (optional) shopping list
- 1 small can of crushed pineapple, drained (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs, add sugar and mix. In large mixing bowl, combine egg-sugar mixture with the milks and butter and mix well. (The butter may start to congeal with the cold milk, but that's okay.) Last, add vanilla and optionals.
- Once all of that is mixed, add the bread to the mixture. The best way to do it is with your hands because you can feel if there are still dry pieces of bread.
- Then mix in the fruit. You can also add raisins or nuts, if desired.
- Pour into a 9 x 12 oblong pan and cook at 450 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until baked to the consistency you want.