Squash CasseroleFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1 lb. yellow squash shopping list
- 1 lb. green zucchini shopping list
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup or more parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Garnish with fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion, garlic, green/red bell peppers in butter or margarine until slightly soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Cut into yellow squash and zucchini into chunks.
- Place in a saucepan with 1 cup boiling water and boil until fork tender. Drain.
- Put 1 layer of squash and zucchini in a lightly greased casserole.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the tomato mixture over the squash and sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Layer second half of squash, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and garlic mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350° until the cheese has melted and it is bubbling.