Zesty Cheese-stuffed Chicken BitesFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 1 package (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups crushed pizza or taco-flavored tortilla chips (3/4 of 14-1/2 ounce bag) shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut each breast half into 4 pieces. Make slit in each piece to form pocket. Stuff about 1 tablespoon cheese into each pocket, pressing closed with fingers.
- Coat 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with butter flavor no-stick cooking spray.
- Measure flour in medium bowl or on waxed paper. Combine eggs and water in small bowl. Beat well.
- Place crushed chips in pie plate or on waxed paper. Dip chicken pieces in flour, then in egg mixture and then in chips, pressing to coat well. Place on jelly roll pan. Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.