SKILLET CHICKEN N DUMPLINGSFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- chicken Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® butter shopping list
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 rib) celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper shopping list
- 1 (9-ounce) package (1 1/2 cups) frozen cut green beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- Dumplings Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed shopping list
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken pieces and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (4 to 6 minutes). Add 2 cups water, carrots, celery, bouillon and lemon pepper. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 5 minutes). Cover; cook until carrots are crisply tender (4 to 6 minutes). Stir in beans.
- Stir 1/4 cup water and flour together in small bowl; stir into chicken mixture. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil (2 to 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix and poppy seed in medium bowl. Add sour cream and milk; mix with fork just until moistened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Drop dumpling mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cover; continue cooking until dumplings are no longer doughy (8 to 10 minutes).