Roasted Red Pepper Lentil and Feta SaladFrom zoechodges 8 years ago
- 2 large red peppers, halved and seeded shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 125g puy lentils shopping list
- 3 sprigs thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 250g stock or water shopping list
- squeeze of lemon shopping list
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 100g feta, broken into chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 190C or gas mark 5.
- Roast peppers with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and some seasoning for 35-40mins until soft and slightly charred
- Cut peppers into broad strips.
- Sauté the onion, celery and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the lentils, thyme and bay leaf. Pour over the stock and season lightly.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered until tender (approx 25-35 mins) and all the stock is absorbed.
- Make the vinaigrette with 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and seasoning.
- Remove herbs from lentils, add the lemon and parsley and stir in some of the dressing. Mix with the peppers and their juices.
- Scatter the cheese over the top and drizzle it with the remainder of the dressing.
The Cookzoechodges Bristol, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!