Beefy Mushroom SoupFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 1 package Hormel roast beef Refrigerated Entree(found in the refrigerated section of the grocery) shopping list
- 6 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup Burgundy wine shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 envelop Lipton's onion Soup Mix(dry) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1can whole potatoes, drained and cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1 can carrots, whole or cut up shopping list
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 package Uncle Ben's Ready rice(wild rice) shopping list
- 1 package brown gravy mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 2 dashes hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In large soup pot, Saute onions,garlic,mushrooms and celery in butter until tender.
- Add broth and onion soup mix and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together the gravy mix and water.
- Stir into the soup.
- Chop meat into bite size pieces and add to pot(add juices too).
- Add potatoes and carrots , stir well.
- Lower heat to medium/low heat,cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in rice and burgundy and continue to cook for 5.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt and hot sauce.
- Serve with hot bread or crackers.