Red Lentil and Sweet Potato HummusFrom dreamweaver 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for garnish shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils shopping list
- 1/4 cup white miso shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sweet potato, cumin and paprika and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until spices are fragrant. Stir in water and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, purée red lentil-sweet potato mixture with white miso, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Put hummus in a serving bowl. Drizzle with a bit of additional olive oil and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
The Cookdreamweaver Galeton, PA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!