CHICKEN PESTO BAKEFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 (12-ounce) package (4 cups) uncooked dried multi-colored rotini pasta shopping list
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup purchased pesto sauce shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) jar alfredo sauce shopping list
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, milk, pesto, Alfredo sauce, red peppers and pepper in large bowl. Stir in cooked pasta. Spread into greased 2-quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole. Continue baking, uncovered, until edges are bubbly and topping is golden brown (10 to 15 minutes).
- Recipe Tip *
- *Twelve ounces chicken breast, cooked, equals 3 cups cubed.
- *To reduce the calories in this casserole, use light or reduced fat Alfredo sauce.
- *To make ahead, prepare as directed above except shorten pasta cooking time by 2 minutes. Do not top with breadcrumb mixture. Do not bake. Cover; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake as directed, increasing first bake time to 30 minutes.