Grilled Steak Pizza With Blue CheeseFrom laurakaay 8 years ago
- 8 4-ounce petite-cut top sirloin steaks shopping list
- 1 portabella mushroom shopping list
- 1 small red onion sliced shopping list
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce shopping list
- 1 13.8-ounce tube pizza dough shopping list
- 3 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces shopping list
- olive oil as needed shopping list
- salt and pepper, as needed shopping list
- 8 ounces good, quality, crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill on high and reduce to medium when hot. Season steaks and grill to desired doneness. Move steaks to cutting board and rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Baste mushroom and onion with a little EVOO and grill to desired doness...I like my onion left just a bit crunchy for texture. Grill for 2-3 minutes or to desired doness.
- Unroll and cut pizza dough into four equal pieces. Press each piece to one and a half times the original size and cut each piece in half.
- Brush with olive oil and grill about 2 minutes per side.
- Turn off flame for half of the grill. (If using a charcoal grill, push coals to one side.)
- Place grilled dough on the side without direct heat.
- Thinly slice steaks and portabella mushrooms cutting mushroom into small strips. Top each dough piece with 1-ounce of pizza sauce, 4-ounces of steak, 1-ounce of blue cheese and 2-ounces mozzarella cheese and torn bits of basil, mushroom strips, and onion .
- Shut grill lid for 3 to 4 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating2 people
I have a nice chianti clasico waiting for this scrumptious pizza recipe I love the blue cheese.
However I will substitute my pizza dough that I make from scratch.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yummers. Greatness here. Love blue cheese and beef, gotta try this one this week. High 5 my friend.chefmeow in Garland loved it