Pasta With Creamy Italian Sausage SauceFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes penne pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 quarts heavy whipping cream –or half and half shopping list
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 25-30 sliced mushrooms, about a pound package shopping list
- 2 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
- diced garlic shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Parmesan and mozzarella cheese to top shredded. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook both boxes of noodles until they are semi done.
- Drain and set aside, but do not rinse.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a saucepot.
- Add minced garlic (more or less if desired).
- Slowly add heavy whipping cream to melted butter and garlic mixture.
- Bring sauce to a slow simmer, then add 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Let sauce simmer on low.
- Break into pieces and brown Italian sausage.
- Add 2 thinly sliced peppers to meat mixture.
- When both are fully cooked, dump them into the sauce.
- Saute sliced mushrooms in 1 Tbsp butter seasoned with salt and pepper.
- When cooked, add to sauce.
- Add fresh basil to taste (don’t be stingy — a lot is better).
- Add diced garlic to taste.
- Add olive oil.
- Don’t be afraid to start small and add more basil, garlic and oil as you go.
- This tomato mixture can be made a day early; let set in refrigerator overnight.
- Add this dish to the sauce.
- Bring the huge pot to a boil, let it simmer just a minute or two.
- Take the penne noodles and divide them into the two 9x13-inch pans, spreading them out evenly.
- Divide sauce into each pan filled with the noodles and mix it with the noodles.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of both pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Don't forget you can half or make and freeze half
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating5 people
I'm curious - is there a step missing between 14-19? I made a very similar dish, but the tomatoes, olive oil and basil were whirled in the food processor and then added to the sauce.minkie in Springfield loved it
Aha, figured it out! The recipe I tried used 15 fresh roma tomatoes. You whirled them up in the food processor with fresh basil and olive oil and then pour that mixture into the sauce. Everything else is the same. This recipe is FANTASTIC.minkie in Springfield loved it