Bacon Rolled Enokitake MushroomsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
How to make it
- cut off the root part of the enokitake cluster 3/4 inch from the end.
- Do Not separate the stems
- cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise
- divide the enokitake into 12 equal bunches
- take one bunch then place the middle of the bunch near the edge of one bacon strip, with 1 - 1 1/2 inches of the enokitake protruding at each end
- carefully roll up the bunch in the bacon. tick in and straying short stems into the bacon sliding the bacon slightly upward at each roll to cover about 1 1/2 inches of the bunch
- secure the end of the bacon with a toothpick... repeat with each bunch
- preheat broiler to high
- place the rolls on an oiled wire rack
- broil both sides until the bacon is crispy and the enokitake is starting to char...about 10 -13 minutes
- remove the enokitake rolls and place on a board.
- using a knife and a fork chop each roll in half in the middle of the bacon belt.
- arrange the top part if the roll standing straight upright, the bottom part lying down next to it..
- add a wedge of lemon to each portion and small heaps of white pepper and serve