Paula Deens Deep Fried Mac And CheeseFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- peanut oil, for frying shopping list
- flour, for dredging shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- Plain bread crumbs, for dredging shopping list
- 1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac and cut into 15 squares shopping list
- The Lady's Cheesy Mac: shopping list
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained shopping list
- 2 cups grated Cheddar shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge each Cheesy Mac square in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
- The Lady's Cheesy Mac:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot, add the Cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- chelby1969 Alliance, Ohio
- ninefigs Nowhere, Us
- castaneda4 Grand Island, NE
- kamrn0205 Nowhere, Us
- IansMomIsCooking Nowhere, Us
- markeverett Riverside, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- diggpirate Ashburn, VA
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating4 people
Heart attack waiting to happen! What next, Paula, deep fried butter? Yikes. I think I gained 10 pounds just reading this yummy concoction!
Thanks!markeverett in Riverside loved it
great tasty recpe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
i have had this at her restaurant it is very good yummmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it