Migas a la JessieFrom mtrevino57 6 years ago
- 12 to 15 corn tortillas shopping list
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce or salsa shopping list
- cilantro for mixture and for topping shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- a large pan shopping list
- lemon pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 lb grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, mix eggs, picante sauce, cilantro (as much as you want) salt, pepper, lemmon pepper, or Mrs Dash to taste.
- Set aside
- 2. Heat oil in pan. Tear tortillas into pieces using your fingers. Place them in pan and fry them until slightly browned.
- 3. Put egg mix into pan with fried tortilla pieces. Let egg mixture thicken(like omelet consistency), then mix up together until egg is done.
- 4. Turn off the heat and put mixed cheeses on top. Let migas stand for a few minute while cheese melts. Top with cilantro and let sit for a few minutes longer.
- 5. Cut into pizza shaped slices or squares and serve with extra salsa!
The Cookmtrevino57 Austin, TX
The Rating4 people
My grandson had me make these everytime he spent the night. As he got older, he brought friends. We serve the salsa on the side. I think this is the easies way to fill up teens without killing yourself in the morning!
Good Post!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Love this recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
great recipe will add a small amount of pepperJack Cheese thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!