Taffy Apple SaladFrom momofsixil 7 years ago
- 4-5 cups diced apples, (unpeeled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, such as Cool Whip shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 9-ounce can pineapple tidbits (drained) shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 cup chopped cocktail peanuts (reserve 1/4 cup peanuts for garnish) shopping list
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, halved (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare 4-5 large apples, diced but unpeeled.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour, 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice and beaten egg. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Cool completely and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine Cool Whip and cooled pineapple juice mixture.
- Fold in diced, unpeeled apples and drained pineapple tidbits.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, mix in 3/4 cup chopped cocktail peanuts. (this step is done to prevent peanuts from getting too soft)
- Randomly arrange halved maraschino cherries on top of salad as a garnish if desired.
- I usually double this recipe for a large gathering or for a potluck.