Linguine with Chicken Red Peppers and Yellow SquashFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- Jane's Crazy Mixed Up salt, to taste shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 vidalia onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 small carrote, sliced into 1/8" coins shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/2" squares shopping list
- 1 7-8 inch long yellow squash, sliced in half lengthwise, sliced into 1/8" semi-circles shopping list
- 1 pkg. hidden valley ranch dressing mix shopping list
- 1 heaping T. chicken soup base shopping list
- 1/2 c. half & half (use the fat-free if you have it around you!) shopping list
- 1 pt. plus 1/2 c. non-fat plain or Greek yogurt, divided shopping list
- 3 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 lb. linguine, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with Crazy salt and saute in hot oil until browned. Remove and set aside.
- To the skillet add the garlic, onion, carrots, red pepper, and squash. Saute about 5 minutes. Add ranch dressing mix, chicken soup base, half & half, and 1 pt. yogurt. Stir well, add chicken back into pan, cover and simmer about 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove cover, remove chicken to a plate on top of the cooked linguine. To the sauce & veggies in the pan, add the remaining 1/2 c. yogurt mixed with the cornstarch. Stir into veggie mixture and continue stirring until thickened. Pour veggies and sauce over top of linguine and chicken and serve.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
oh yeah.....love it linda ..........high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Greatness, you did a good job on this combination. High 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it