Old Fashioned Baked Buttermilk ChickenFrom hoosiermom68 8 years ago
- You really don't have to measure-just portion out dry ingredients to your liking. shopping list
- Bone-in chicken pieces shopping list
- 2 T.melted butter shopping list
- 2 C.buttermilk shopping list
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk dressing shopping list
- 1 C.unflavored slow cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 1 C.instant mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 1 C.crushed Ritz crackers shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken and set aside while you are preparing the batter:
- Mix melted butter/buttermilk.
- In separate bowl,mix all dry ingredients.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture,then into dry mixture.
- Place in large roasting pan.
- Place a few small dollops of shortening inbetween the pieces.
- Bake for approx 60-75 minutes,or until a nice golden brown.
- **Serve with seasoned skin on mashed potatoes.
The Cookhoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
The Rating2 people
very yummy sounding ... sounds like a good recipe for the fall / winter... and i bet my sauteed green beans would kick this off with the mashed potatoes.
i'm saving this one!midwestguy in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!